December 17th Gameplay

Тема в разделе "English room", создана пользователем DeadFly, 17 дек 2016.

1. DeadFly
    Expand Collapse
    Оруженосец
    Пользователь

DeadFly
    Симпатии:
    So, I managed to get on the server today! It took some trial and error on my part to figure out what I was doing wrong, but I did manage to get into the game and test the waters a little bit.

A couple of problems I encountered while trying to get on the server:
    • I created a game password when I signed up for the forums, but it wasn't valid when I tried to login, so I got this error when I tried to use my original password. -- However, I changed my password in the Personal Details page and was able to login shortly after that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • After I managed to get to the Create a Character screen, I ran into another roadblock. Currently, If you try to create a character in English letters, it gives you this error about having to use some characters. So, I went to Google Translate, picked a random English word, translated it to Russian and copied and pasted that as my character name. Then I was able to Create my new Character. -- Hopefully they'll change that at some point in the development process.
    [​IMG]

• After I got all of this figured out, I was able to get on the server and run around in Astir a little bit. (so much memories) Aside from occasional disconnects from the server, the only real problem I had was a little bit of lag from being so far away from the server, but that is to be expected.
    • I believe they were off testing the other nations because I was watching the livestream while playing and I saw them in Varik (Union) and in Empire with some usual testing glitches here and there, but I couldn't work out how to get anywhere other than Astir, plus by the time I worked out all of my own problems, they had already been testing for about an hour.

But it's not all bad! Some things I figured out while playing:
    • There is a female NPC on the west side of the fountain who gives you 100,000 every time you talk to her. I imagine this is just for testing purposes, but it certainly makes buying weapons and enchanting much easier
    • There is a Myrine NPC on the north side of the fountain holding an Ice Bow who sells all of the elemental weapons from the shop for like 20,000 each I think. - so I bought 8 dark bows to try to enchant
    • the shop on one side sells level 4 gems (I think they're called?) and hammers for enchanting. and you can enchant at the Blacksmith as usual. I didn't manage to make any +7 or +8 bows though because by the time I got 6 of them to +2 the server testing ended.
    Also, on a non-game related note, I found out Google Translate makes an iPhone app that lets you hold your camera up to text, and it will translate the text for you on top of the picture. How crazy is that?! - it made figuring out my errors a lot easier, even though it wasn't a perfect translation, at least it helped me figure out what the errors were saying.

I tried to capture some footage with OBS Studio, but for some reason it was only showing a black screen. I didn't have enough time to work out the problem there, so I may try something different next time.

All in all, it was great fun and I can't wait for this to get further along in development. ^-^

Ayria нравится это.
  2. temperest
    Expand Collapse
    Помощник
    Пользователь

temperest
    Симпатии:
    all of those NPC's will be unavaliable after start of the game. its only for testing purposes.

3. DeadFly
    Expand Collapse
    Оруженосец
    Пользователь

DeadFly
    Симпатии:
    Yeah, I didn't think it was permanent. It's just fun to play around with =)

4. Tekzo17
    Expand Collapse
    Барон
    Пользователь

Tekzo17
    Симпатии:
    Кто-нибудь объясните им на английском,что лучше установить шрифты,иначе игра убого выглядит.

(Translate Google) Somebody explain to them in English, it's better to install the fonts, otherwise the game looks shabby.

5. Sumn
    Expand Collapse
    Барон
    Пользователь

Sumn
    Симпатии:

Installing fonts:
    1) Run cmd.exe as Admin
    2) Exec in console: REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts /v "MS Gothic & MS PGothic & MS UI Gothic (TrueType)"
    3) Open MS Gothic.ttf and MS UI Gothic.ttf
    4) Press "Setup" in both windows
    5) Reboot PC

#5 Sumn, 17 дек 2016
    Последнее редактирование: 17 дек 2016
  6. R441
    Expand Collapse
    Оруженосец
    Пользователь

R441
    Симпатии:
    Вот про это я и говорил, что не хер выделывается.
    "Русский сервер, пусть никнеймы только на кириллице"

7. Lipach
    Expand Collapse
    Saga Points
    Премиум

Lipach
    Симпатии:
    Скачивание и настройка работы шрифтов. Надеюсь поможет, как и мне.

Chilly нравится это.
  8. DeadFly
    Expand Collapse
    Оруженосец
    Пользователь

DeadFly
    Симпатии:
    Fonts are fixed now. Thank you everybody for your help =)

Шрифты теперь исправлена. Спасибо всем за вашу помощь =)

[​IMG]

9. Chilly
    Expand Collapse
    Рыцарь
    Пользователь

Chilly
    Симпатии: